The past week has been so busy. Ive literally been running in circles trying to manage between orders and the bake sale that I was hosting. Also I’m going back to my love for painting ! I used to keep myself occupied with acrylic painting as my hobby before I fell in love with cooking. Now I’ve started painting again , not with acrylics though but with watercolours. I simply love it and I’m glad to have a passion for it as it is less stressful than cooking.
I don’t really have an excuse for not posting often but all I can say is I feel unenthusiastic and not interested with cooking. Yes SHOCKING. I hope this is just a phase and it will go away !
So I came across this recipe on youtube @mycupcakeaddiction a while back and decided to try it. I was craving for sweets but I did’nt want to go back to the kitchen and whip a cake. So I tried this recipe ! I had to make adjustments to the original recipe to suit my likings. It is so easy and quick. Absolutely delicious and my husband loved it ❣️
Makes 1 mug cake
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons fine caster sugar
- 2o grams of unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of nutella
- Vanilla ice cream or ice cream of your choice
To make the mug cake:
- Melt the butter and chocolate together
- Once its melted , add the sugar and flour. Mix well and once it cools down , add the egg and essence.
- Add the batter into the mug and add a spoonful of nutella in the center of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 2 minutes if your oven settings cannot be changed
- If it can be changed , set it to 800 watts and bake for a minute.
- Top it off with vanilla ice cream and enjoy it hot hot .