Boots Ingredients Coconut & Almond intensive treatment mask and Leave-in conditioner
I got these in boots the other day. I actually went looking for the oglx weightless argan oil spray but ended up getting these as the argan oil was not available. These products were on a buy 1 get 1 offer , so I bought the hair mask and got the leave-in conditioner for free. Apart from the offer , both these products are under 20 Dhs!
Im a big believer in the fact that it doesn’t have to be ridiculously expensive to be effective so let’s put these products to test.
First thoughts :
- The packaging isn’t too bad for a product under 20 and you also get a good amount of the product.
- The mask has a smooth texture and goes on smoothly.
- Dries quickly so does hinder your work or drip down your face.
- Makes the hair feels really soft after washing.
- Smells good like coconut. I like coconut smelling products.
- While it does make the hair feel softer, it doesn’t do anything else.
- Does not treat damaged dry hair as it claims to!
- Can be used only as hair conditioner.
- Calms down frizzy hair.
- The smell is awful and too strong.
- It does not soften or treats the dry hair.
- The calming effect of the hair is only for a day and then its back to normal.
- The smell is just awful.
What goes on your body,goes in your body. Is it safe ?:
- Apart from the presence of artificial fragnances , it is a somewhat safe product.
- Contains dimethicone , so its a silicon based product. Silicon only coats the hair and makes it appear smoother and softer. It does not treat the actual problem.
- It also contains centronium Chloride which is added to make the product positively charged , so it can control static ie it de-frizzes your hair. This product is toxic to the human body on the long run according to reports.
Animal testing : No
- It’s a meh product. While it can work as a quick conditioner and repair product , on the long run it does not do much for your hair.
- I like the hair mask more than the leave-in.
- I do not like the fact that it contains chemicals which are toxic and can be potentially damaging to the body.
- Hair mask – 3/5
- Leave in spray – 2/5
Would I buy these products again ?
Not really. I’d probably give the other ingredients a try sometime later but I don’t think these are worth the money. I prefer the oglx weightless oils more!
BEAUTY ON A BUDGET FINAL VERDICT : FAIL