I loved being a bride. I got wed in January this year. And it’s almost wedding season again! I get so excited for weddings and being around brides 👰🏻! I love their anticipation, the energy, the color, and the traditions and the bliss surrounding the whole event, I just love taking it all in! One of my closest friends is getting married in February .We talk a lot about makeup, beauty, clothes and everything wedding. So once as we were talking, I suggested that she should write something for the blog and she quickly jumped in on the idea!
So here’s the post written by my friend Marsha Imam and we will be doing a whole series of posts called the wedding series every Friday until the next year. Don’t miss it!
The three most important things any bride needs for her skin on her wedding day is perfection, a natural healthy glow and lustrous hair . And, believe me, this is all coming from a girl who’s tying the knot in two months; no matter how much your makeup artist makes things easy for you, that gorgeous bridal glow comes only from the inside. Today, toss aside all your long-term regimes and focus on the following magic tricks that take as little as a night to work.
1) Wish for brightened, enlarged eyes for your big day? If you’ve been battling puffiness around your eyes, here’s a cool trick – depuff them by adding an extra pillow and sleep on your back. By keeping your head elevated you are allowing the fluids around your eyes to drain easier and keep the puffiness to a minimum. Also try the Depiwhite Eye Gel.
2) Radiantly glowing skin?Get hold of Vitamin C tablets, and mix half a tablet with your night cream or serum. Get instantly glowing skin the next day.
3) Don’t ignore your feet? Give them some love too!The most ignored part of our body is our feet. We don’t include feet care in our routines as much as we should. For your mehndi or your sandals to look good, looking after your feet is important. Soften your feet overnight by wearing cotton socks to bed! That’s true – it’s as easy as it gets! You’ll be surprised at how soft your feet are by the time you wake up the next morning!
4) Whiten your pearls!This is an age-old trick but works like a charm! After all, you don’t want your pictures to showcase a yellow set of teeth! To whiten your teeth , take some baking soda and sprinkle it on your toothbrush. Rub it across your teeth and rinse with water properly. Works best if done routinely , once a week. For those of you with sensitive teeth, consult the dentist.
5) Sleep your way to good hair!Get bouncier waves by switching to a satin pillow case, and tie a braid before you sleep. You’ll wake up with pretty, wavy hair. The satin pillow case reduces friction and keeps your locks softer throughout the night! This one’s for those who move too much while sleeping!
6) Make Essential oils your best friend!If you wish to see quick results, make a quick concoction of Tea Tree Oil and Almond Oil and apply on your face the night before. Not only does this face mask lend adequate hydration to your face, but also helps in reducing dark circles.
7) Sleeping masks. Do you need them?Lighten the appearance of wrinkles in just a night by going to bed with a sleeping mask on. Sleeping masks are enriched with skin-plumping agents that promote suppleness. A great quality mask when worn over your well-moisturized eyes holds the moisture in, not to forget, preventing your skin from developing creases along your cheeks and temple.
8) Greatest Winter wedding tip :This one is one of the most impressive beauty tips for a winter wedding! If you’ve long battled excessive dry skin, sleep with a humidifier in your bedroom. You read that right! The humidifier will hold the necessary moisture and hydration in your skin, keeping your skin glowing and vibrant the next day.
9) Plagued by dull, flaky skin?Check for an overnight cream that contains glycolic acid. This agent not only boosts moisture retention, but lends a nice, healthy glow to your skin the next day by reducing dryness and flakes. However, note that glycolic acid by itself is highly acidic, and so, check for a cream that has a very low percentage of glycolic acid in it.
10) Dreading an unsightly breakout right before the most important day of your life?Now, you have a magic trick that can put all your pimple worries at bay! Zinc, happens to be an excellent antibacterial agent in reducing the appearance of pimples. Pick a sebum controller that contains adequate amount of zinc to fight pimples overnight by drying them out.
“NOTE: These are just my suggestions and what has worked for me. Everybody’s skin is different so the decision is yours to make.Always consult a good dermatologist if you have serious skin issues. “
Edited by attwenty
CHECK OUT THE OTHER POSTS ON SKIN CARE: